|If you have provided an "In Kind" gift or the gift of your time "volunteer hours", please help us track that by completing this form. Click here.|
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING and Quarterly -
August 27, 2002 Noon. Health District
Board Members Present: Helen Todhunter, Sue Shultz, Debbie Brockman, Susan Vitale-Olson, Martha Voorhees, Laurie Adamson, Martin Knott, Rick Wilson, Denise Thomson, Dianne Juhl, Marilyn Wandrey & Dayle Crane.
Board Members Excused: Ramalina Steiner.
Board Members Not Excused: Pete Ball & Claire Bradley.
Others Present: Joan Taie (Administrative Coordinator).
Debbie Brockman called the meeting to order. I. Approval of Minutes: Minutes were approved for both June and July meetings.
II. Financial Report: Volunteer sheets were turned in. P&L was passed out and explained by Joan.
III. Committee Reports
A. Program - Next Meeting on Sept. 4th at noon @ the YWCA. There will also be a meeting as regularly scheduled, Sept. 18th noon @ the YWCA. At the Sept. 4th meeting we will be stuffing envelopes with registration forms to mail out to members.
B. Summit - Susan passed out a schedule for the day of the Summit. It was agreed that times would not be listed in the program. She also passed out a list of to do's. Everyone has signed up for helping. This year the rotary will donate directly to the task force and the TF will reimburse the Soroptomist for the lunch. Denise is going to check on making name tags for the presenters. It was agreed to use folders for guests instead of binders. Laurie is checking with OC to see if they can donate some. Presenters will supply their own brochures but the TF will copy single sheet handouts. Dianne is handling all the press releases/PR for the summit. She still needed contact info of the presenters to complete that task. Debbie was going to get the info to her.
The board agreed to pay $1000 to Margaret Hobart for speaking on Oct. 1st which Dianne will coordinate and $200 to the Silent Praise dancers, which Joan will handle.
Susan asked that if anyone has connections with grocery stores to ask for donations please do so and ask for bottled water. Dianne is going to ask Central Market and Crystal Springs.
Anyone who has a cooler/ice chest is to bring it to the Summit with 2 bags of ice.
C. Community Education
D. Speakers Bureau/Trainings - No report
2. Topic Specific Workgroups
a. Bridging the Gap: No Report.
b. Faith Community Action Group: Dr. Tim Davis spoke at the last meeting about how clergy receives DV info. 8 people attended. It was a great opportunity to share with Dr. Davis. The FCAG has contacted over 200 in the faith community.
c. Substance Abuse Providers: No report
d. RESPECT Kitsap Youth: RESPECT is in need of a rep from the TF board. Debbie is going to the next meeting and Susan V-O will possibly begin attending after the Summit. 9/20 is the next meeting. The board approved up to $500 for the RESPECT committee to spend on dating violence pamphlets.
e. Perpetrator Treatment/Victim's Services: No report
f. Minority Services - No report
g. Legislative update - No report
h. Membership - The board voted to have John Wise and Tracy Flood join the board. Debbie and/or Marilyn will be contacting them.
IV. Old Business -
A. Culture Fest - Joan is emailing a schedule for volunteers
B. Board/Community Donations - We really need the board members to donate and work on community donations.
C. Board attendance - today's attendance was good but has not been so in the past. We really need board members to come to the meetings so we can accomplish things.
V. New Business -
VII. Meeting Adjourned
Joan Taie Administrative Coordinator
|Top of Page||Contact Us||Archived Minutes||Home|